Access to your medical record (the Right of Access)
Download this page as a pdf
You have the right to get a copy of information that is held about you.
This is known as a subject access request.
- You can sign up for Secure Online Access to your full GP electronic record.
- You can then look at your medical record whenever you want.
If you do wish to make a subject access request then:
- You can do this in writing (letter, email, fax)
- You can download and fill in this form if easier
- You can make such a request verbally to a member of staff or a doctor or nurse that you are consulting with at the surgery
Please let us know exactly what information you would like.
We will strive to provide the information within 28 calendar days.
There is usually no fee for this.
We will also provide you with a link to the "supplementary information", which for nearly all such requests will be the detailed privacy notice for our GP records database (EMIS Health Ltd).